N°1 I Burning time
Burn your scented candle for 2 hours, until the perfume diffuses well and the entire upper surface is liquefied. Otherwise, your candle may burrow and you will lose burning time. The larger your room, the longer the burning time will be.
N°2 I Cut the wick
Cut the wick before each use: firstly, to avoid any soot emanation as well as a flame that is too high; secondly, because it tends to bend to the sides due to the heat. If you relight it without cutting it off, one side of the candle will burn faster than the other. This will not be pretty and again you will lose burning time.
No. 3 I Smother the flame
Smother the flame of your scented candle rather than blowing on it: it will give off less black smoke and soot.
No. 4 I Refocus the drill bit
Once you've smothered your candle, refocus the wick.
Precautions for use
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Protect the surface where you burn the candle with a heat-resistant support.
- Burn candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Always leave 7 cm between lit candles.
- Never light candles near flammable objects.
- Avoid putting candles in a draught.
- Trim the wick about 1 cm before each use.
- Ventilate the room after each use
- Wait for the glass to cool after extinguishing the candle before handling it.